{112/365} – Muses (or just musings) and Reflections

Right now, my world revolves around my husband, my dog, and the Phils.

But, you’ve seen enough pictures of them, haven’t you?

Or not.

The theme today for Picture Fall was muses.  My husband’s main muse right now (besides me, the dog and the Phils)?  A Camaro.  And, for his birthday, I couldn’t buy him a Camaro, so I bought him the next closet thing, sort of:

First, for Macro Monday:

Hands

Yep,  got him a ’69 Model Camaro – mean?  No, he’s having a great time!  Men love a good project!

Model Building

Model Building 2

Model Building 3

And me, what inspires me?  What muse speaks to me?  My husband, my dog . . . camera, textures, random thoughts, and  hopefully, my Polaroid SX-70 that I bought off of Craig’s List today!

I couldn’t decide which one I liked better.  I was leaning towards the top one (which is the one I ended up using for Picture Fall, just because it’s lighter), but my husband likes the bottom one.  Any thoughts?

And, what the heck, if I’m shooting myself, I might as well expose myself even more . . . and link up.  And, if anyone is interested, really interested in self-portraiture, I stumbled up on this class, You are Your Own Muse – this is not an endorsement, or a recommendation, I just found it, and thought I’d share, and if you’re interested, you should check it out.  Her site looks lovely, and her photography is really compelling.

In the meantime, go on over to the Old Nichols Farm to check out the other brave portraiteers!

Facing Myself

8 Comments

• MarieElizabeth

October 19, 2010 at 1:36 am

I like the bottom one too. I think the model was a great idea and the photos of him working on it are a great keepsake for you to.

• Karli

October 19, 2010 at 1:43 am

Oh wow, the pics of the hubs are INCREDIBLE. I wonder what it is…the lighting? What a mood it coveys. Fabulous! You are so creative – your angles are amazing. And I love the pics of you too! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pic of you! I love both, but the first one of you is my fave. I agree, because it’s lighter… Gorgeous pics!

Can’t wait to see your SC-70 pics. TRA has an action with that name – so cool you have the real thing!

• Karli

October 19, 2010 at 1:44 am

oops typo!
    SX-70 LOL!

• Jay

October 19, 2010 at 8:47 am

I like the bottom picture. It’s much more graphic and a stronger image – I love it! But the photos of your husband with his model are the ones with the emotion, aren’t they?

• Katie L.

October 19, 2010 at 1:23 pm

That counts – you did buy him a Camaro! 🙂 My father in law has his dream car in model size, too!

And I think I like the lighter edit best. The focus is more on you.

• pip

October 19, 2010 at 5:53 pm

fabulous pics…. i love the model building one reflected in the window!

• Jess

October 20, 2010 at 3:52 am

Ummm… WOW. I have to agree with the others, what struck me first about the pictures of your hubby is the light, so moody and dramatic, and the perfect WB. Those are very very nice.

Of your SP I like the darker one better, it draws my eye to your face more than the lighter one does. Love how it represents you, the film shooter. Enjoy your new toy!

Thanks for linking up. I’m glad to have found your beautiful blog!

• Flickr: 5novaks